Monday, March 8, 2010

Soldier Boy

Good Monday morning all!!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I got a lot done. I think I'm in spring cleaning my house mode right now after months of neglect. I still have a lot to do, but taking one bite of the elephant at time. I got to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie this weekend and it was fabulous! The visuals were just outstanding and Johnny Depp was excellent.

For today's card I used Soldier Ian from The Greeting Farm. He was release as a set previously and has made a come back as a single. I colored Ian up with copics and paired him with some funky Basic Grey paper. I tried to make the brown represent the ground, the blue the sky, and the other paper maybe a city or technological advances. This is a great stamp and perfect on projects military loved ones in your life and care packages.

Thanks for joining me today. Tomorrow is I will have an ICS challenge card for you. Have a wonderful day.

15 comments:

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

Just wanted to drop a quick note and let you know how much I LOVE this card!! Soldier Ian is one of my favorite stamps...hubby is in the Army, so it's close to my heart. You did such an awesome job with the background!!

Stef H said...

this is lovely. i love the papers and the layout. great coloring too!

Crystal said...

Mary this is CUTE!!!! Great layout!

Imke said...

I love the DP in the background. Your coloring is so fantastic. Beautiful Card !

Jen Shults said...

Wow, your coloring is perfect! Very nice card!

Andrea C said...

great card , looks brill

Shirley N said...

Love your coloring!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE your coloring on Ian and those fabulous paper layers.

Sparkplug17 said...

Very cute! Glad you liked the movie. I can't wait to see it.

Unknown said...

Mary...Absolutely gorgeous Hun!! I LOVE this little dude and you have coloured him in perfectly!! Very cool card!! Xx

Christina Hicks said...

Its dumb but I am tearing up looking at your card. I miss my son so badly and it will still be another 10 months before I get to see him. I am off to buy this stamp now. Thanks for posting this card!

Christina Hicks said...

well I didnt know it didnt come in digital so I will put it on my wishlist and get it as soon as I can afford it, lol. Great stamp, needs to be digital though.

WickedPixie said...

So wonderful! I love how you made the background a collage! So cool! :-)Traci

kadie said...

Fantastic job, Mary!! I really love the tan camo and the torn paper to look like the desert. Really great job!

Tasha said...

Wow fab card Mary, great idea with the torn papers and different subtle colours
love tasha xx

´