Friday, June 12, 2009

Let It Rain!

Happy Friday all! I was looking at the forcast this morning and it looks like rain for the next 4 days and we have had rain almost everyday this week. I guess that is what put me in the mood for this card and the fact that Hanna Stamps is having a Guest Designer call going on now for later this year. If you would to try out for the GD then you can find all the information on SCS in the Hanna Forums. This is one of my favorite Hanna Stamps and one of my first ones. I paper pieced the umbrella, jacket, dress, and boots. You can't really tell in the picture but the rain puddle was completely clear embossed to give it that wet look. I put one of Hanna's feet behind the sentiment and I popped up Hanna, the sentiment, and the puddle. I thought the Cuttlebug background needed a little extra umph, so I added some clear rhinestones in varying sizes. The sketch inspiration came from Our Creative Corner. Have a great weekend!

Skin: R00, E00, R93, E04(lips), B95(eyes)
Hair: E27, E25
Puddles and Shading: C1
Paper: My Mind's Eye, SU Red Riding Hood and Baja Blue, PTI White
Stamps: Hanna Stamps Rainy Day

17 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable, love your Hanna.

LORi said...

Super Cute!!

Catherine said...

This is such a DT level card, Mary! Love the piecing, and how you layered in the puddle! Esp. loving that her eyes are the same turquoise as her umbrella and boots - great touch that makes her even more styling! Super cute!

Sandra MacLean said...

Loving it! :) Good luck!

kadie said...

It's ironic that you've had a string of rainy days and Seattle is on day 24 without rain! I love this, Mary. You did a beautiful job and I love how Hanna just pops off the page. I also love how you've placed the jewel dots on the embossed background to look like rain drops. Very cool card! You would be such a great addition to that team!

Lorie said...

Great Hanna card, Mary! Best of luck to you in the DT call. I'll be rootin' for ya! I know all about the rainy days, as we've had our share. Rain, rain, go away!!!!

Jacilynn said...

This is super cute! I love the paper piecing the best! Gorgeous Mary!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love that Hanna too.

WickedPixie said...

I love the design of this card! Every little detail is just perfect! I especially love the jewel raindrops and her foot placed behind the sentiment! :-) Traci

Diana said...

Awesome card! Wow wow on that paper piecing - spectacular. I need to get my heat gun out, I haven't heat embossed in forever!

Shauna K said...

this is so great! i love how the bling on the white is kinda like rain coming down hehe :) and the Hanna is great!

Randi said...

Oh Mary, this is stunning!! I love the color combo!! Especially with that white embossed background with the bling. What a gorgeous effect! Love this layout!!
Have a fab weekend!

Tanja said...

Mary, your color are stunning! And as always.. LOVE your coloring. I keep my fingers crossed for you - you really deserve it!

Michele Kovack said...

Love this! Your coloring and attention to details is amazing!!!

MiamiKel said...

There is an award for you to grab on my blog :)

Jane Wetzel said...

very sweet card..I really love these colors you have chosen..

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! You've got my vote! This is an absolutely outstanding HANNA card! Love all the details, especially how you have her foot trailing over the sentiment banner! Very clever!

´