Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frankenstorm Survival Kit

Hello all! It has been a crazy weekend as my household has been preparing to hunker down for the Frankenstorm Hurricane Sandy. Our propane tank is filled, I placed water bottles in the freezer, put the lawn furniture in the garage, made some oatmeal cookies, and actually made my project for today a bit early. That way if we are without power my post can still happen. All the D batteries in the stores were gone. Of course I should have bought some after the restock from Hurricane Irene last year. Oh well. As long as falling trees stay away from the house, I'll be a happy camper.

My project today is a little candy tube filled with M&Ms for Halloween or Hurricane Sandy survival, whichever comes first. I bought the tube at a little local craft shop called Scrapbook Nook. It was decorated with a little witch broom and the tag you see. I replaced the paper that was on the tube, added some different ribbon to the tag, added the "For You" and Frankenstein. The image is from By Lori Designs and the image is colored with my trusty old copics.

Thank you visiting me today. Please visit the rest of the DT listed in my sidebar for some more fabulous creations. We also have a new member on the team. Please welcome the talented Megan Suarez. For those of you in the path of Hurricane Sandy, stay safe.

1 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute treat holder, Mary!! Love the fun test tube!! Hope you are staying safe from the storm!!
Hugs~
Sheri

´