Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Inpirational Card Sketch #39

It is that time of the week again and Dawn from ICS has a fabulous sketch for you to work with as always. I hope you get a chance to play along with us on Sketch #39. This week our sponsor is Doodle Palace Digital Stamps. They have some super cute images to play with and even better they have a sale going on for 50% off Halloween images. So go check them out. This little Christmas Elf is a Doodle Palace image. He was sooo much fun to color up even in my state of having a cold and taking care of my 3 yo daughter who also has a cold. I wonder what goodie he has in that package...I suspect it is something stamping related. LOL. For this little guy I colored him up with copics and put some stickles on his fur trimmings and dingle balls on his shoes. All the designer paper is from the October Afternoon christmas collection. I really should have grabbed more of that paper up instead of 3 different packs because I'm really loving it. Please visit the rest of the fabulous ICS DT listed in my side bar for some more wonderful creations.

I want to take a minute to tell you all how sorry I am for not commenting or posting very much in the past 1.5 weeks. I've had a hectic work schedule and then The Man was on travel for 5 days so I was a single mom with a baby that has a cold...I was exhausted by the end of the day. It is times like these that you really have to give kudos to those single moms and dads out there. It is everyday for them. It also makes me appreciate The Man a whole lot more when he is home. I'm slowly started to get back into the groove of things so I will be making my rounds and hopefully posting 3-5 times a week. Also stay tuned for some Blog Candy. My 1 year Blogaversary is on October 28th. You would have thought I could have held out for a couple more days to make it fall on Halloween. I guess I was too excited to get it going. Anyway thank you for stopping by today and have a wonderful day.

23 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun Mary, I love your colors and papers, awesome job.

Jessica Diedrich said...

How cute is THIS?! LOVE your coloring and the layout rocks...and I know you already KNOW I {heart} that paper ;) This is just adorable Mary!

Crystal said...

AWWW Mary this is sooooo ADORABLE!!! WOW that is one cute image and LOVE your colors!

Silli said...

this is beautiful Mary!

Dawn♥ said...

OH my GOODNESS what a super CUTE card. I love everything about your card. :)

Sorry to hear that you and your dd are both sice with colds. Hope you both get to feeling better soon! HUGS!
♥Dawn♥

Dawn♥ said...

Sorry to hear that you and your dd are both sick with colds. Hope you both get to feeling better soon! HUGS!

kadie said...

This is just TOO much fun! I LOVE it! Fabulous papers...as always!! :)

Tammi said...

Can you imagine all the fun stamp goodies that would fit in that box! ;) This card is FUN, love the cute image and your coloring...and the paper is fab, will have to get some of that! Hope your daughter is feeling better. ~Hugs

Catherine said...

Hi Mary. I had no idea you & Olivia were under the weather - hope you are both feeling better soon. {{{healing hugs}}}

This card is too cute and you're right - the papers are scrumptious! Beautiful coloring on this, too.

Debs said...

Grteat card he has such a cheeky little face, and I agree those papers are brill.
Hugs Debs

Sparkplug17 said...

This elf is just adorable! Such a cute card. I hope your little one is feeling much better.

jo said...

Great card Mary! Hope your little one is feeling better now.

lindalee said...

Love this card! It is soooo cute!

Kim said...

Super fun, cheery card. Love the papers and the stitching along the edge.

MiamiKel said...

oh big hugs to Olivia and mom! I hear the man and think of Sandra, lol - I forgot you adopted that ;) This card is just adorable - so whimsical and fun and really what the holiday spirit is all about!

Judy McMullen said...

Mary, this card is absolutely adorable! Love the terrific paper and your perfect coloring! Sorry you and your DD are feeling so poorly...praying you're all better soon and giving us more of your gorgeous creations!! Hugs!!!

WickedPixie said...

Mary, this is adorable! And you are right - that paper is great! I have to go see if I can find some!! :-)Traci

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Really lovely card. Gorgeous.

marley said...

super card! love the colours!

Lorie said...

Wonderful card, Mary! I like the way you rounded the corners on the image piece, and the colors/coloring along with the criss-cross stitching are fabulous! Another masterpiece, my friend!!

Big healing hugs to both you and Olivia!

Love,
Lorie

Randi said...

I love this!!! That elf is SO cute!! I LOVE the whimsical feel to this. Great holiday color scheme Especially with the pink added in!! You work magic with color!! And, look how amazing those DPs look together!
Ha! I'm so glad someone else calls them 'dingle balls', too!
Hope you and your daughter feel better soon! I have a icky cold, too! Nothing worse than trying lean over to color something with a cold! Ew!
Thanks for the super sweet comments! Such a huge boost coming from someone as talented as you!! Hugs! ~R

Diana said...

OMG! I love this card! The little elf guy is awesome, the colors and everything! Believe me - I totally 150% understand about life being insane and not having time to visit all my beloved blogs. And congrats on the anniversary. That's GREAT!

Lisa said...

I really love your bold use of color. Your cards are awesome! The coloring is beautiful!

Hugs,
Lisa

´