Friday, September 18, 2009

Farm Fresh Friday - Emboss It!

Happy Friday all! It is that time again for another challenge from the Farm. This week's challenge is brought to us by Cheryl. Her challenge is to use embossing. It can be with heat set powders, papers with embossing, or dry embossing. For my card I pulled from my scraps. I don't think I would normally think to put these patterns and colors together but I think with the different patterns it makes for a bit of an interesting card. What do you think? I used cuttlebug folders to emboss the pink background and the red polka dotted background. When I saw this Savannah Sprout from The Greeting Farm I instantly thought of Catherine-Zeta Jones from Zorro. Since I ran out of E00 and R00 copic ink that I constantly use for skin tones, I thought this would be a good image to try out a different skin tone. Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Isn't she darling.

~*Joni said...

Hey Mary!! Did you see that I gushed about your fabulous coloring skills on the TGF blog? This is so pretty, I love her hair and all the depth that you created with your copic expertise. The DP is fabulous with her, wonderful job as always. Have a great weekend Mary!

Sandra MacLean said...

Mary, you've done it again! I think you work wonders with all your scraps! This is awesome and I think I need Savannah now. :)

karen said...

aww. this is such a cute image!

Claireabelle said...

This is just fabulous Mary, she totally reminds of CZJ in Zorro!!

Fab card
x

Danni said...

So nice! and the skin tones look great!! Awesome job!

Diana said...

This is so cute! I love the pink/red/black combo!!!!!!!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

She is so cute! I love all the red.

WickedPixie said...

Very cute card - I like the different papers together!! And this hair is scrumptious!! :-)Traci

Jacilynn said...

Great colors. I love this. Have a super weekend Mary!
x

Randi said...

This is stunning Mary!! That coloring is so perfect for that stamp! I love red and black! Oh, I love everything about this card!
Have a fantastic weekend!

RiNNE said...

Mary, I love your creation especially the way you colored her hair!! And the colors of her skin & DSP combo worked wonderfully!!

Kim said...

So cute! Love that gorgeous hair!

Tasha said...

Beautiful card - you made me want to buy her!
love tasha xx

Lauri said...

Beautiful coloring!!! Love how you did the hair!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO fantastic-love the coloring on her hair! Have a great weekend!

Amy said...

LOL, I ran out of E00 this week too! You did a fabulous job with the substitution and your mix of patterns is fantastic! Awesome card!

´