Monday, August 3, 2009

Eclectic Monday...I think.

Happy Monday all! Today's card is made from a kit that the talented Miss Kadie sent to me and to the famous Miss Sandra. A few months back we thought it would be fun if once a month we each showcased a card from the same kit. Each month a different person sends a kit and we post around the beginning of the month on the same day. Miss Kadie sent us images of this adorable CC Designs Swiss Pixie Heidi, three ribbons, 4 sheets of 6x6 dp, along with some flowers, buttons and brads. The only thing I added to this card was the blue polka dot brad and the green button to help balance out the colors I played with. I really loved everything that was in the kit and I think it turned out a bit eclectic with all the fun patterns and colors. Of course I'm not a designer so maybe that isn't the correct term, but I had so much fun with this. For this card I played along with Unscripted Sketch#17. Thanks Kadie! Our kit for next month comes from Sandra. Please visit Miss Kadie's and Miss Sandra's blog to see some more mind blowing inspiration with this kit.

Skin: R00, E00, E11, E93
Hair&Boots: RV10, RV02, RV13
Dress: BG000, BG01, BG05
Paper: Ask Miss Kadie, but I think Cosmo Cricket was involved
Stamp: CC Designs Swiss Pixie Heidi

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute card! Love the bright colors, and the image. Your take on this weeks sketch is wonderful! So glad you found us and joined us for this weeks sketch challenge! Hope you'll play along with Unscripted again soon!

Sarah said...

So bright and bold!!! I am loving that image. Sooo cute.
Great card and great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches.

kadie said...

I totally LOVE this, Mary!! You did a fab job with all the diverse elements. Mine will be up later on today...I'm so absent minded some times...drat.

Catherine said...

Yes, eclectic is definetly the word! Love the pink boots and hair!

Sandra MacLean said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!! It's a collage of paper, buttons and color and yet it all works sooooo well together! Wanna know something scary?? I was this close to using this sketch for my card too! LOL

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh way to cute!!!

Danni said...

How fun! Bright and happy!!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card! Aren't those Pixies just so much fun?

Diana said...

What an awesome card! I just love how you put things together and make it so perfect!

Lorie said...

Oh WOW!! This is fantastic, Mary! I love her pink hair and boots!

Tammy said...

Wow I love it. Great colors.

Chrissy's Creations said...

So cute and I love her pink hair!

Randi said...

Mary!!!! Oh, no you didn't!!! I need to cover my eyes when I come to your blog! ;o) I have been trying to be good and resist placing an order with CC.
I LOVE what you did with the swiss pixie. Those colors are brilliant together!! That pink hair, with boots to match is too fun!
Darn, now I need to buy her (I need the new mermaid, too!)

Elena said...

Absolutely amazing card! I love how you colored Pixie! She is so precious! What a wonderful challenge you have!

karen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink hair!!!!!!!

whoistracy said...

This is adorable!! Love the bright colors.

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is so adorable! I love those papers! BR-T

Anonymous said...

wow i love it.. so funnky

´