Friday, July 17, 2009

Farm Fresh Friday Sketch Challenge

Happy Friday fellow Farm fans! Are you soooo excited about the 1 year Anyaversary Blog Hop? It is going to be spectacular! You don't want to miss out on this event so head on over to the Club Anya Blog to sign up for the hop. This week's FFF challenge is a sketch challenge. Let me tell you I thought this one was a doozer with all those layers. Just head over to the Greeting Farm blog to get all the details and play along. There promises to the biggest give away yet! For my sketch I used the newly released Navajo Anya and Butterfly Wishes. All the designer papers are from TGF's Sunny Glen line. I fussie cut the white polka dot paper to represent the little line at the bottom in the sketch and Anya is taking the place of a square. I colored the gorgeous stamp with copics. I really love how her hair turned out. I'm still playing with different ethnic skin tones though. I threw away three images before I settled on this skin tone. I'll be back this weekend to fill in all the specific copic deets. For me there are two colors that can add so much to your image but can really ruin it too. It is red and black. Black hair I was scared to do for a long time. Red I'm not really sure how to highlight. Lately I've been using W3 and W5 to get shading into the red. Do you have any good tips on using copics or any other coloring medium? Have a great weekend. Don't forget to sign up for the Anyaversary Blog Hop.

11 comments:

Kim said...

Adorable! I love how you made the background with the butterflies and your coloring is amazing as always!

Lorie said...

This is just awesome, Mary! I love the warm colors you chose, and the butterfly background adds such a wonderful pop! That butterfly set has been calling my name since I received the card you made for me, and seeing what you've done with the background makes that call a little louder! I'm thinking I need to hop on over there and buy that one. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!! Love it!

kadie said...

Totally gorgeous! Love that flower in the corner! Great details.

Sparkplug17 said...

She's just too cute! I love the colors you picked.

Elena said...

Your coloring is very beautiful! I love the TGF papers and butterflies! So inspirational!

Randi said...

Wow, Mary! Look at all those elements you combined in this stunning card!! Love the overlapping butterfly background you created!! And all those TGF DPs look so awesome together!! Have a great weekend!!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Mary!! The coloring of your image is superb, especially the hair!!! Love it.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is so awesome! LOVE what you did with the color scheme and how you incorporated the BW set. It's so pretty!

Tanja said...

Mary, your coloring as awesome. I need to try the copics too, I love what you are doing with them. Your color combo is perfect - and thank you for the blog-hop-hint! Hugs

Dawn B. said...

This turned out great. These images are so fun. I love the red you used..This is a great sketch to use your dp. TFS

´