Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Theory of Three

Well we all know that things happen in threes whether good or bad. Well I got a little Mojo Monday 85 sprinkled with some OCC Mother's Day inspiration for an MFT Girls Day In challenge. I think this is the first time I have done so many challenges in one card and I feel this is a good three. You can't tell from the picture, but the hat, flower, forward arm, and shoe is ever so slightly popped up. I paper pieced the dress and colored everything in with copics. All the stamps are from MFT's Can Ya' Dig it set. DP is from SU's Bella rose collection. The image and the sentiment are popped up with pop-up dots. This card will be for my mom who loves gardening and with her love has helped me grow into the woman I am today. Love you mom!

Thanks to Sandra, a fourth has been dicovered...another Mother's Day Challenge at CCEE.

15 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

Great minds do think alike! Things do come in three's, but you did a fourth! CCEE Stampers did a mother's day challenge too. :) You need to add this card to their blog too. This is gorgeous too Mary!! I love that three tied ribbons idea and these are great gardening colors! Your mum will love it! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Olivia!!

Cindy Haffner said...

She is adorable, super job. Hugs Cindy xxoo

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Love the color combo on this really pretty card. Very elegantly done!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Mothermark said...

Ooh! I love this! I love that sentiment with the little leaves on it...its so perfect with this fun little gardner gal! You chose wonderful colors......this will make some Mom somewhere happy!

So glad you joined our challenge!

Jacilynn said...

Gorgeous, I love this! Great Card Mary.

WickedPixie said...

Beautiful card Mary! I have always loved those SU papers and they work perfectly with that image and a Mother's Day challenge! ? for you - What do you use when you "ever so slightly" raise an image up? I've been trying to do some different layers lately and all of the different "pop up" adhesive I have are about the same height, which is too much sometimes. TFS :-) Traci

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love that stamp with that paper.

Diana said...

This is AWESOME!!! Also, I left you a little something on my blog!

Diana

StampOwl said...

great card, great job doing 4 challenges in one way to go hehe

Naturliche Body Bliss said...

Way to go Mary!

Love the new "look" gf!

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo gorgeous, I luv it...perfect for Mothers Day...thanks for playing with the mojo makers! *~*

Lorie said...

This is great, Mary! I don't know how you managed to nail so many challenges with one card, but I want some of the mojo!! Beautiful work!!

Robin said...

This is fantastic! I love the colors and the image! Lovely work. Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Mary, this is just beautiful!! Your Mother is going to love it!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so lovely! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

´