Friday, May 22, 2009

Hey batter, batter, batter!

I created this card for the Greeting Farm's Case of the Curious Card IV Challenge. Since I brought in Spring with my butterfly cards, I thought it was time to bring in the Summer. So what do you think of when you think of summer? Is it America's favorite past-time sport of Baseball? I live in Maryland and am about 1.5 hours away from the Orioles Stadium. The Orioles are big here and I thought that would make a great card to bring in the Summer. My title came from one of my all time favorite movies "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Now my talented friend Sandra is always finding the perfect papers and when I got Digi Ian I knew I was going to use the baseball diamond paper from K&Company. A perfect match I think. Sandra must have sent some of her paper mojo my way.

Skin: R00, E00, E93
Hair: E25, E27
Uniform: C3, C5, 110, YR16
Baseball Glove: E35, E39
Baseball Bats: E33, E35
Baseball: C1, R46
Paper: PTI chocolate, Neenah White, K&Company Rough & Tumble DP
Stamps: TGF Digi Baseball Ian; Various clipart images for the bat, ball, glove, and pennant;
Sentiment from Gina K. Just So Sporty

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Mary i see you love
Anya and Ian as much as I do. Super job with all your cards. Hugs Cindy

kadie said...

This is SO RAD!! Oh I love it so much!! That coloring, the ball, the penent and that BG are AMAZING!! You go GIRL!! You def. hit this ball outta the park!

kadie said...

Oh and Ferris Bueller is my all time fave movie!!!! I knew there was a reason we get along so well ;)

Sandra MacLean said...

Swing batter batter batter! HOMERUN!!! Crowd goes wild!! Yaaaaaaay! Seriously, you really did an awesome job on this card Mary! Can I have my paper mojo back now please?? Hehehehe

Randi said...

This is so stunning! The colors are so rich and vivid! I wrote this on the TGF galleria, but it deserves to be said again...it looks like an ad! It's really amazing!

Lorie said...

Perfecto!! This card is great, Mary! I can tell you had lots of fun with it, and it really shows! I love it!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! You really did hit this one out of the park, Mary!!! Love it and the perfect baseball theme card. Althought I'd rather the colors be in blue, green and silver...Go Mariners!!! LOL

Jamee said...

that is such a cute card! i love that image!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to layer up that card. I just love it Mary!

Catherine said...

This card is awesome!!!! Love it! Your coloring is amazing! I love how the bill of the hat peeks out, and you totally nailed the Orioles colors and uniform! Where on earth did you get the mitt and ball??? Such an awesome way to anchor little Batter Ian!
I am totally replaying that Ferris scene in my head and LOLing!
Fantastic job, Mary!

´