Friday, March 20, 2009

Artsy Coffee

This is a card that I made for a coffee/tea swap hosted by Tanja(3boysathome). I really liked the theme but I fussed with a layou and color pallet for a looooong time. I htink I tried three different color ways until I found the DP paper then it all just sort of flowed. I think it matches well with my blog title. Of course being in such a lovely group of ladies I've come to really know them and once this card was finished I immediately thought this looks just like Miss Kelly or at least what I think she looks like. Loves coffee, Blonde bombshell, and very talented. Not to mention one of the nicest people I know. You can see for yourself at her blog. The coffee girl is from Inky Antics and colored with copics, the sentiment from Amuse, the Artist stamp from Tim Holtz, the dp is from Basic Grey and SU.

7 comments:

kadie said...

Very Cool. I like the Artsy take on it, very retro. And this could so easy be that hot chickie mama, Kelly! :) What a fun card!

Sandra MacLean said...

Definitely looks like Miss Kelly! One hot coffee drinking mama! :D

Catherine said...

That is totally a Kelly card! And she is looking super foxy! Love that DP!!!

Lorie said...

You did a wonderful job on this Mary, and it does look like our Kelly! I love the colors and DP! Great job!

*Susan* said...

Mary this card totally rocks! Oh yeah, this is SO Kelly! She's one smokin' mama for sure! {HUGS}

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! And yes, that's just what I picture Kelly-bell looking like too :)

MiamiKel said...

OMG, you girls are making me laugh tonight! I wish I looked like that - not even after Starbucks, lol. You are all a riot! But thanks - TODAY, I need the laugh :) Love yas!!! And this card is just tooooo much!! over the top talent you've got, Miss lovely Mary! It's hip and chic and a wee bit of boho - just so fresh and fun! SUCH TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!! *muah!*

´