Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day

I really hmmm'd and ha'd over this card. I think it is because my mojo got loose, but eventually it found its way home and this is what I came up with. On this card I colored the Mad Hatter with an aqua painter and smooshed color into the top of my ink pads. This is my first card using this coloring method and I think it came out pretty good. I can't believe I used as many colors as I did given that the card reads green. I used 8 colors mostly in the browns, reds, and green families. The Mad Hatter is from the Greeting Farm's Wonderland set and the sentiment is from studio G dollar stamps. Happy St. Patty's Day and may good luck come your way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! You know I'd have to love anything green with shamrocks on it! ;)

Sandra MacLean said...

It came out a little bit better than 'pretty good' Mary!!! It's gorgeous!! And your mojo didn't go anywhere but straight into this card! I would never have thought to use the Madhatter as a leprachan (sp?)!! Great idea! And your coloring is improving little grasshopper! ;)

karen said...

OOOH.. this is soooo good!
I love it!

Lorie said...

"Pretty good"? Whatever! This card turned out perfect!! Your coloring is gorgeous, and that is a very creative use for the Mad Hatter.

kadie said...

CUTE! I love how you did the brads! I've never seen that before. And you are getting very well acquainted with your Copics! Cute card!

Catherine said...

Hi Mary!
This is such a great St. Paddy's card! I love all the green, and your coloring is fab!

Are those brads or dew drops or what in the corners? I'm seeing them alot lately, but can't figure out what they are. Looks great regardless.

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a STUNNING creation!!! Pretty good my butt!!! Your coloring is PERFECTION!!! I l*o*v*e this beauty!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

´