Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Greeting Farm May Preview

Did you enjoy your preview of Fleur Anya over at Club Anya? Today is another preview day and Scrap Book Challenge Day at the The Greeting Farm Blog. My card uses Gramps from the Grammie and Gramps set being released May 1st. Doesn't he just look like a sweet grandpa? I colored him in typical colored grampie clothes. Bad thing for DH...now our 4 yo DD calls his work khakis grandpa pants. I think it is funny. DH...not so much. I colored the images using copics and paired him with some yummy October Afternoon papers. Looking back at my card I should have made the circle a little bigger. The sketch is designed by our very own Scrap Book DT member Jacilynn.

Please join us and visit Cheryl, one of the Original Farmers, in a very heartfelt send off as her term as a farmer comes to an end. She has given so many of us inspiration like no other through her craft. Whenever I think of beautiful bows and flowers, Cheryl is the first name that comes to mind. Please go to her blog and give her some love. Best wishes in all you do Cheryl!

We are extremely thrilled to announce that MERCY KERIN has accepted the position of TGF's latest FARMER! Mercy joins us as of today after previously serving on our Gardener DT and also as a member of our beloved Critter Crew. We'd love you to stop by her blog today and give her a good ol' fashioned TGF Welcome! Hooray!!!!

Come back tomorrow for another for another peek and FFF Challenge. In the mean time check out the rest of the DT.

And the Scrapbook Girls...

15 comments:

Tasha said...

Mary this card is super cute, loving the papers and layout and the sentiment are fab
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

love this card made using the SB sketch, mary! love the colors, the papers, and your sweet gramps jo! great card!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH :) He is JUST PRECIOUS!!! What a great image!!!! Amazing card/ papers and coloring as always. Love the button and ribbon and the distressing. WOW!

((I like the comment about the grandpa pants. Tommy has some of those too.. or his sweat pants become humpty dumpty pants and I have threatened to throw them away ;) lol!)) Have a great day!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awwww, I love Papa! He's so adorable!
My 3yo asked, "Who made our Papa into a cartoon?" LOL! Priceless! He really does look just like my Dad! A definite must have :)

hugs, margie

Kim said...

That is so funny, I think all grandpaps buy their pants at the same store! Super cute card!

Lysa said...

Grampa is soo sweet... Love your card- perfect for any grampa!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh Grandpa looks so GOOD!

Danni said...

Fabulous! Love the papers you used!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I just love these images - totally fun...

Lou Sims said...

Fab, fun, bright & fresh card - love it.

Lou
x

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a sweet and darling card!

Melyssa said...

Mary I absolutely love your version of the sketch! You rocked the sketch!! Gorgeous card!!

kadie said...

TOO TOOO ADORABLE!! He is the cutest gramps EVAH!! I love how you turned the scrap sketch into a card...your colors and papers are FANTASTIC!!

Pam Varnell said...

This is a darling card Mary. Love the colors you used and gramps looks so sweet on this card, just like my gramps.

Jessica Diedrich said...

I LOVE this. You did such an awesome job w/ the sketch and your grampy is TOO cute. What a fab coloring job too-it's adorable!

´