Friday, April 9, 2010

Farm Fresh Friday "Spring Cleaning"

Yay! It's Friday! Where did the week go? I hope the weekend doesn't go as fast. This week we have super fun challenge for you. We want you to use something you either a.) found that you FORGOT you had or b.) were going to THROW OUT but decided to use it for this challenge.  On your honor!  Make it fun!

I was in the process of cleaning off my craft table and found some scraps that had nestabilitie cut-outs in them. Now normally I would throw those out because I never end up centering them properly or there isn't enough scrap around them.  I decided that I would use that yellow scallop cut out and use a circle nestie to get a uniform edge around it. I also had the grey polka dot paper with a circle cut out of it. I again used a bigger nestie and barely squeeked out the thin circle. While I was looking in my embellishment bin I stumbled upon a package of various brads by Pink Paisley and one of them was the corduroy brad I used on the flower. What a great find! The designer papers are from October Afternoon (I luuurve those papers). That cutie stampin' girl is Stamping Anya from the Greeting Farm. I love her 80's vibe with the fabulous t-shirt.

I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week and have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by. For more inspiration on this challenge please visit the rest of the DT.
The Farmers...
Cheryl
Cindy
Kadie
Kim
Melyssa
Randi
Jessica
and our beloved Critter Crew...
 Jami
Heather
Mercy
Sandra
Sparkle

12 comments:

Shirley N said...

Very pretty card, nice layout and pretty flower!

Andrea said...

hoi,
what a pretty card, love it
hugs andrea

Laila said...

Love your card :o)
Esp the colour combo, cause normally I'm not a huge fan of these colours, but you've made such a nice card :o)
Always love to see your work.
Hugs Laila

Angie Blom said...

love this.. and I throw out those pieces all the time.. I guess I should now keep them.. Wonderful Card! Xx

Kim said...

I love the fresh colors and how you used your leftover pieces. I always throw mine out too but seeing this I will have to start saving them.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Brilliant use of that nestie scrap and your color combo is awesome-really catches the eye! I love your sweet card and gorgeous coloring!

Sandra MacLean said...

Pure, pure GENUS Miss Mary!! I bow down to you! :D Have a fabulous weekend my friend!

Tasha said...

LOVE IT! i lov how you piled up the diecuts and the colour combo. Fab design Mary
love tasha xx

Heather Schlatter said...

Mary I just love the whites and yellows so super cute you really did a wonderful job on this and I love your beautiful coloring too!!! Awesome work girl!!!

Heather

Unknown said...

mary...this is spectacular! great job!

Pam Varnell said...

This is just stunning Mary. Those colors really make Anya stand out. Love this card.

kadie said...

Oh my goodness, I adore this!! Love those circular scraps!! Beautiful colors too!

´