Monday, May 18, 2009

A Retro Birthday

So a few us in a Sisterhood swap on SCS were talking about birthdays and how once you get to a certain age that you want to stay at then you proceed to celebrate the anniversary of that birthday. For example say you want to stay 29 forever, for your next birthday you would celebrate the 1st anniversary of your 29th birthday. I think my most memorable birthday had to be the year I turned 30. I had reached all the goals I had set out to do by that age, but barely. I found out I was pregnant with my daughter in August, we closed on a house October 25, I started my new job October 31, and I turned 30 that November. I don't think I could stay an age forever especially now that I have my daughter. I enjoy watching her learn and grow by the day. My next goal in life...seeing my daughter celebrate her 30th birthday. BUT on another note of birthdays, a very special and inspirational friend is celebrating hers this month, Miss Sandra (B-gin-R, BTW go check out her blog candy). I tried to make a card that embodied her. She has brown very curly hair, loves pink and orange, and absolutely loves the 80s. I am again using a Miss Anya stamp from the Greeting Farm that I made an 80s style outfit for complete with jelly braclets, legwarmers, yellow tights, a short blue jean skirt, and who can forget the extra long shirts with a belt around it? I modified a clipart image for the TV, added some brads, and my infamous ribbon tag. I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Skin: R00, E00, E93
Hair : E25,E00,E93
Clothes: RV23, TR15, YR31, C1, B95,
Spica(Gold, Black, Lavender, Melon, Pink, Clear)
Paper: Neenah White, SU Regal Rose, SU Only Orange, Me & My Big Ideas DP
TV: Modified Clipart
Stamps: TGF Miss Anya

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is "totally awesome" Great job with the outfit!
Michelle

kadie said...

Oh my gosh!! Look at you Miss Artist!! That outfit is TDF!!! Seriously!! And Sandra is going to LOVE THIS and probably pee her pants waiting for it to arrive in the mail! This is fabulous...love the tv too...you're SO creative!

Lorie said...

Oh my!! This is absolutely fabulous, Mary! It's perfect!! I love the color variation in her beautiful hair, the sparkles, and all the special touches! This is TDF, and Sandra's gonna LOVE it!!

MiamiKel said...

This is seriously cute!! She will love it, our talented and beautiful Miss Sandra! I was just listening to the 80's this weekend on the weekend bash -- Duran Duran, u2, Billy Idol, Wham!! ... all my faves! Brings us WAY back, doesn't it?! You just have too much talent, my friend!

Diana said...

This is like, totally RAD.

Really, awesome! I love her outfit!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is darling! I was born in 82, so it's right up my era! :)

Sandra MacLean said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!! And I want it NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!! :D You seriously rocked this card Mary. I absolutely LOVE how you tweak all your Greeting Farm girls to suit a theme! I need to see them through your eyes sometime. Your creativity is just crazy good Mary!BTW, you must have had spy camera's on me last night because we went bowling for my nephew's birthday and I was bopping away to all the 80's music they were playing! hehehe

(((big hugs to mama))) ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary - what an awesome card! It's so fun and soooo Sandra!

WickedPixie said...

Mary! This is fantastic! I love the colors and papers and THAT OUTFIT! I think I wore that outfit! Great card! :-) Traci

*Susan* said...

Mary, this card is amazing! I am blown away with how you personalized her to "be" Sandra!! From the legwarmers and tights to the DP and the TV, everything is put together to a T! Fabulous card!! She will LOVE it!!
{hugs}

Carisa said...

Wow, this is amazing! I think you are WaYYYYY more artisic than you care to admit! I couldn't do half the alters that you do! Love it!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Lucky girl, that Sandra! Yep, you totally rocked her birthday, Mary. Gorgeous! Beautiful! Terrific! Okay, I'm jealous! LOL

´