Friday, May 8, 2009

Poor Little Piggy

I really struggled for a layout and papers with this card. I spent a couple hours last night audtioning positions, papers, and embellies and this is what I ended up with. A very simple and very basic layout. My mojo was a no go. I think it might have to do with the size of the image. Maybe a square layout would have been better, but since this card is for a swap of farm animals hosted by Gael(mamadwawa) I really wanted the normal size card to work. In the end I think it turned out okay, but feel that it needs something more that I can't put my finger on. I used PTI chocolate, SU more mustard and whisper white, and some DP. I colored him with prisma pencils and used the gamsol technique. The image was received in a WRAK from Dawn(flowergal36), but of course this stamp from Sugar Nellie had to be mine. His name is Porridge. While I'm not normally a pig person this has got to be one of the cutest pig stamps out there.

7 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

This is great Mary!! I have always loved the pencil and gamsol technique and I think you did a fantastic job with it! It's always hard to place a large image like this without anchoring it with something. Sometimes I will add some ribbon across the bottom of the image (just about the sentiment) to 'hold' the image down. Flowergal gave you images?!? Are you smoozing with the big guns again Mary?!? hehehhe

MiamiKel said...

Superb - the coloring is just amazing and it really makes this card look 3-dish. Love those lil chickies, too! I like the layout - I think the dsp really brings it all together and just pulls it in nicely. The swappers are going to love, love, love receiving Porridge!

Lorie said...

I wish I could struggle so well! This is fabulous, Mary! My DH would love this piggy!! Too cute!!!

Diana said...

Why mess with perfection? Why fix what AINT broke? It's spectacular - with *AWESOME* coloring!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fabulous job!! I love the color combo and such a cute piggy! I am so happy I get to keep one all to myself!!! :)

karen said...

hehehe.. this is adorable!
This little piggy cried wee wee wee... all the way home!

Catherine said...

This card is wonderful! Great coloring, and love the DP! Hope I'm lucky enough to get this in the swap!
Hugs,
Catherine

´