Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sunset on Solomon's Island

I just thought I might share a little piece of the scenery where I live. We live on the left hand side of the bridge and it is about a 15 min. ride to get to Solomon's Island. It is an actual island but barely though. The island is separated from the mainland by about 10 ft of water. We like to go here on the weekends to walk on the board walk, have soft serve ice cream in the summer months, and eat seafood. The best thing here is the Maryland Crab Cake. I've never had a better one then the ones I get from Solomon's Pier or Stoney's. They are owned by the same people so the cakes are the same. I've tried them at different places in Maryland but they either over seaon them or add inappropriate filler like bell pepper.


4 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

"Inappropriate filler!" LMAO!!! Now THAT is funny!!! :D Glad you're blogging Mary!

Catherine said...

Beautiful sunset, Mary! Thanks for sharing!

Lorie said...

Gorgeous, and the crab cakes sound yummy!! Hold the green pepper, though. That really doesn't sound so good!!!

Anonymous said...

This picture is breathtaking...it seems beautiful to live there. TFS

´